2023 Election Dates (Polls are open 7:00 am - 8:00 pm):
- Spring Primary - February 21, 2023
- Spring Election - April 4, 2023
Please click on the Town Notices page to find notices pertaining to upcoming elections.
Location of Polling Place: The Rice Lake Town Hall, 1830 Macauley Ave., Rice Lake, WI 54868.
Polling Hours: 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
New Voter Registration Information - Please click here for details.
Please visit myvote.wi.gov to register to vote, update your voter registration, to request an absentee ballot, or to check the status of your absentee ballot.
Voter Registration Deadlines - (Proof of Residence is required as listed here)
- By Mail - must be postmarked no later than the 3rd Wednesday before the election. Print and complete this form and mail to: Town of Rice Lake, 1830 Macauley Ave., Rice Lake, WI 54868
- Online - go to myvote.wi.gov on or before 11:59 p.m. the 3rd Wednesday before the election.
- In Person at the Clerk's Office - on or before the Friday preceding the election.
- At the Polls on Election Day at the Town Hall.
Absentee Voting Dates and Deadlines:
- By Mail - 5 p.m. the Thursday before election is the deadline for regular and overseas voters and 5 p.m. the Friday before the election for indefinitely confined voters and military voters (not on active duty). Please request your absentee ballot as soon as possible by visiting myvote.wi.gov. Ballots can be returned in-person to the clerk's office, mail (postage is prepaid), or personally delivered to the polls on election day. Ballots must be received by 8:00 p.m. on Election day.
- In-Person - weekdays from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm starting 14 days prior to the election. The last day to vote an absentee ballot in-person is the Friday before the election.
Wisconsin Elections Commission
The Wisconsin Elections Commission has forms available for download on their web site here. Some common forms are:
EL-121 Absentee Ballot Request
- English Absentee Ballot Request (Fillable PDF)
- Spanish Absentee Ballot Request (Downloadable PDF)
- Hmong Absentee Ballot Request (Downloadable PDF)