REAL ESTATE TAXES are payable in two installments:
- 1st Installment is due on or before January 31 of each year and is payable to the Town of Rice Lake, 1830 Macauley Ave., Rice Lake, WI 54868.
- 2nd installment is due by July 31 of each year and must be paid to the Barron County Treasurer, 335 E. Monroe Ave., Rm 2412, Barron, WI 54812.
PERSONAL PROPERTY TAXES are due in full by January 31 of each year and must be paid to the Town of Rice Lake.
NO RECEIPTS WILL BE SENT UNLESS A SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE IS PROVIDED.
The Town of Rice Lake accepts tax payments through January 31 of each year by means of the following:
- In Person – at the Town Hall on Tuesdays thru Fridays between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm
- Mail – send to Town of Rice Lake, 1830 Macauley Avenue, Rice Lake, WI 54868.
- Drop Box – deposit payment (checks only—NO CASH) at anytime in either drop box—large blue box on the west side of Town Hall or small black box by the front door.
- Online – https://publicportal.co.barron.wi.us/Login or visit townofricelake.com and click on Government, then Tax Payment Information to find the link.
Service fees will apply as follows:
- Credit Card or Corporate Debit Card – 2.39% of the payment amount with a minimum fee of $2.00
- Personal VISA Debit Card – Fixed rate fee of $3.95
- E-Check (Direct Debit from a checking or savings account) – Fixed rate fee of $1.50
If you are inquiring about past or present taxes due or payment details, please click on the following link which will bring you to Barron County’s website for Tax Data Online. Tax data for all of Barron County will be available.
The Wisconsin County Treasurer’s Association has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding everything you could ever want to know about Property Taxes in Wisconsin. It is extremely informative and highly recommended that you check it out! Here is the link: FAQ’s about Property Taxes in Wisconsin